PHARMACY 2U is NOT your local pharmacy and has nothing to do with us
You may have received a leaflet in the post inviting you to get your repeat prescriptions from a company called Pharmacy2U.
Here are some important facts about Pharmacy2U which we feel you should know :-
- Pharmacy2U is a distance selling (internet only) pharmacy based on an industrial estate
- Prescriptions from Pharmacy2U are delivered by Royal Mail, unlike your medications handed to you in the Surgery or personally delivered to you by our Courier
- In October 2015, Pharmacy2U was fined £130,000 for selling its patients details to marketing companies
- Over Christmas 2015, Pharmacu2U failed to send out prescriptions for 3 weeks, leaving thousands of patients stranded without their essential medicines
- In February 2017, the Care Quality Commission inspected Pharmacy2U and found that it was “not safe, effective or well led”.
We believe that an internet business like Pharmacy2U is not substitute for your local Surgery.
Please support us to continue caring for you and your family by ignoring any correspondence from Pharmacy2U and to carry on obtaining your prescriptions here at your Surgery.
Please see the Poster in the Surgery for more details.
COURIER SERVICE to deliver your medications
For those patients who find it difficult to collect their prescriptions and live in the villages outside of St Keverne (eg. Coverack, Porthallow, Gillan, Porthoustock, Manaccan, St Martin, Newtown, Mawgan to name but a few!) we have started a courier service one day a week (Fridays).
If you are keen to receive your medications via courier please contact the surgery or indicate on your repeat prescription that you would like your medications delivered. By ordering your medication on Monday or Tuesday you should then receive them on the Friday by courier. Please remember to order in good time for the Friday delivery.
NEW PATIENTS - registration requirements
A reminder for new patients when registering with St Keverne HC, especially if you register online through our website. Please remember to book your registration medical with our Healthcare Assistants. It may be some time before we receive your medical notes and records from your previous GP.
NEXT PODIATRY CLINIC - Friday 26 October
The next clinic is due to be held on Friday 26 October between 1.30pm to 5pm. If you would like any details/information about this service, please contact Carolyn Wright on 01326 231127 or 07815 922160 who will be able to give you more details. Clinics will be held on the last Friday of each month :
C-Card for patients under the age of 25yrs is now available at the urgery. Please ask for details at Reception.